Who can participate? Anyone who wants to read books written for teenagers or adults. You do not have to have a Fort Scott library card or live in Fort Scott to participate. Everyone is welcome! No registration required!
What do I do? Read and rate books (paper, ebook, or audiobooks are all fine); score points; earn bragging rights for how well you rank compared to other participants.
Receive one coupon for a free book from our book sale for each book you read!
What’s new this year? While supplies last, you will receive some reading goodies after you enter your first book read into our online entry form. If you are using the paper form, our staff will complete your online entry for you. Goodies are available at the lower level circulation desk.
Also, look for information at the library, on our website, and on our Facebook page for additional monthly challenges and prizes.
THE RULES/INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE READING CHALLENGE
- Read a book written for teenagers or adults.
- Rate the book using the following criteria:
- 1=I hated it and wish I had never opened it!
2=Other people might like it, but certain aspects of it annoyed me too much to enjoy it.
3=It was OK.
4=I probably won’t seek out anything else by the author, but this book was pretty good.
5=I enjoyed reading it, but when I finished, I moved on to another book and forgot about this one.
6=It was pretty good, and I might read more books by the author.
7=I enjoyed it a lot. I definitely would like to read more books by this author/in this series.
8=I might stay up all night to read this book. The plot or characters were compelling enough to keep me reading.
9=One of the best books I have read in my entire life! If I had to pick a handful of books for when I’m stranded on a desert island or hiding during a zombie invasion, this book would be on my list.
10=This is absolutely the best book I have read up to this point in my life!
- Determine your points for the book.
- Fill in the information for the book either using this form or on your chart.
- If you use the chart, please turn it in to library staff by September 4, 2019.
- We will post the final point totals on Facebook and on our webpage.
- If you prefer not to use your name, you may choose a nickname for the points list.
- We will create a list of all books read, plus their ratings and reviews, and make it available on our webpage. We will not include your name in this document.
- Although we hope you will use the library, you are not required to read library books for this challenge, unless required for a particular score.
- We will distribute the coupons monthly.
- HAVE FUN!