Score 1 point if you didn’t finish the book, but you feel you’ve read enough to have formed an opinion
Score 2 points if you read a book that doesn’t fit into any other category
Score 3 points for reading any book that fits any of these criteria. You may score points for reading more than one book that fits the same criteria, but you may only count each book once.
- A book you have always wanted to read
- Reread a book you’ve read before
- A book about vampires, werewolves, and/or zombies
- A book set in a place you’ve always wanted to visit
- A book set in a place you have visited
- A biography or autobiography
- A mystery featuring a cat or dog
- A book that is part of a series
- A book written more than 100 years ago
- A book with talking or thinking animals
- A historical book, either fiction or nonfiction, about a war
- A historical book, either fiction or nonfiction, about royalty
- A book by an author you’ve never read before
- A book by an author you’ve read before
- A book with a number in the title
- A book with a color in the title
- A book of poetry or that is written in verse
- A book you saw someone else reading
- A book from the first person point of view
- A book with a one word title
- A book with a title of more than 5 words
- A book set during a holiday
- A prize-winning book
- A book about sports
- A book about politics
- A book with recipes
- A book that has been made into a movie or TV show
- A book that you wish would be made into a movie or TV show
- A book set in the future
- A book set in the past
- A book about art or museums
- A book about gardens or gardening
- A history book about the United States
- A history book about another country
- A book with the main character’s name in the title
- A book that takes place somewhere other than earth
- A book that takes place in an imaginary place
- A book that you chose because of its cover
Score 4 points if you read a book that fits 3 or more of the scoring criteria.
Score 5 points for reading a book involving these “library skills”. May be repeated with additional books.
- Log in to your library account, place a hold on a book, come in to check out and read the book after we notify you that it is available. (Ask us if you need log in information.)
- Use Novelist Select on the SEKnFind website to choose and read a book.
- Use Novelist Plus to choose and read a book. (Follow the link on the SEKnFind website, or use your Kansas Library eCard.)
- Read a book featured in one of our NextReads newsletters.
- Read a book featured in the Fort Scott Public Library newsletter.
- Check out and read an e-book from www.sunflowerelibrary.org using your library account.
- Use your Kansas Library eCard to check out and read an e- book from any of the available options for grown-ups: OneClickdigital Audiobooks, Cloud Library, Enki, Freading, or Total BooX.
Extra credit! For an additional 5 points, write a review of the book. The review should be at least 20 words long. No spoilers, please. Reviews will be included with the final list of books for everyone to see.