June 1-August 31, 2017
Who can participate? Anyone who wants to read books written for teenagers or adults. You do not have to have a Fort Scott library card or live in Fort Scott to participate. Everyone is welcome! No registration required!
Where do I do this? Your house, the beach, the park, an airplane, anywhere that you like to read.
What do I do? Read and rate books (paper, ebook, or audiobooks are all fine); score points; earn bragging rights for how well you rank compared to other participants; get a list of all books read by everyone who participates and see their ratings.
- Read a book written for teenagers or adults.
- Rate the book using the following criteria:
- 1=I hated it and wish I had never opened it!
- 2=It was OK.
- 3=It was pretty good. I might read more books by the author.
- 4=I enjoyed it a lot. I definitely would like to read more books by this author.
- 5=One of the best books I have ever read in my entire life! If I had to pick a handful of books for when I’m stranded on a desert island or hiding during a zombie invasion, this book would be on my list.
- Determine your points for the book.
- Fill in the information for the book either using the form on our webpage fortscott.mykansaslibrary.org or on your chart.
- Please have all reports to us by September 5, 2017.
- We will post the final point totals in the library, on Facebook, and on our webpage. (We encourage you to use a nickname for this list.)
- We will create a list of all books read, plus their ratings, and make it available to all participants. We will not include your name in this document, so no one will know which books you read.
- Although we hope you will use the library, you are not required to read library books for this challenge, unless required for a particular score.
- HAVE FUN!