A 37 hour per week permanent, full-time position. Bourbon County residency is required. EOE.
Position open until filled.
Schedule: 4 weekdays: 9:00am – 6:00pm; Sat: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Pay: $8.50/hour; 20% differential for Saturday hours ($10.20/hour). After 6 months successful employment, pay will increase to $8.75/hour ($10.50/hour on Saturdays)
- Paid vacation: Ten days per year.
- Paid sick leave: Ten days per year.
- 10 Paid holidays
- Other paid leave: Funeral, jury duty, etc.
- KPERS retirement and life insurance.
- Health insurance is not provided.
- Provide friendly, cordial service to patrons.
- Check library materials in and out using the library’s automated circulation system.
- Assist patrons with computer catalog searches.
- Register new patrons and explain library services.
- Accurately maintain patron computer accounts.
- Renew and place holds on library materials, route interlibrary loan requests, collect and record fines and fees.
- Answer phones and respond to patrons’ requests.
- Help patrons locate materials.
- Shelve materials.
- Maintain neat circulation desk and work area.
- Regularly check stacks for accurate shelving and tidiness.
- Complete an annual, self-directed project promoting or publicizing the library.
- Assist patrons with the Internet and other technological needs
- Assist with library program preparation and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively and courteously, must be able to follow written and oral instructions, must have the ability and desire to serve people of all ages, and the ability to work as a team member.
This is a position with physical demands. A successful candidate must be able to stand, bend, stretch, stoop, and sit for extended periods of time and must be able to lift and carry boxes weighing approximately 40 pounds.
Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
Send letter of application, current resume, and verifiable references to:
Fort Scott Public Library
201 S. National
Fort Scott, KS 66701
Or bring application materials to the library’s temporary location in Memorial Hall, 1 East 3rd.